Tuesday, February 22, 2011

How can a Professional Organizer help you? Here's what I did for one of my clients

I have been so fortunate to have Kim Rocke of New Leaf straighten me out!  My office/craft room had become the catch-all for all the household clutter – if it didn’t have any other place to live, it came to my space.  And took over!  I dreaded walking into that room, seeing piles and boxes filled with “stuff.” I felt I didn’t have my own space anymore and my creative spark was smothered by the mess.
I consider myself a relatively organized person but I was overwhelmed by how much I thought I needed to tackle to get it under control. Kim and I met and discussed my distressing situation, I outlined my goals and desires for the room, Kim offered a plan of action and we went right to work.  Kim made it so simple and clear to get started, move forward and maintain the action plan.  Her ‘system’ was easily tailored to my needs and within 2 hours I had my desk workspace back!  By the end of our 4-hour session, I had a distinct and achievable vision of what the office would look like and a follow-up plan to get there.  And, most magically of all, Kim whisked away all the trash and donation items, to keep them from becoming yet another pile in another part of the house.
My space is my own again.  My creative spark is rekindled and I can attack any project with a renewed energy.  In fact, I’ve been going through my house, pinpointing all those trouble zones (like junk drawers) and addressing them, using Kim’s ideas.  Every area I clear out, the lighter I feel.  It’s a fabulous feeling.
So fabulous I wanted to share it with a dear friend who had a milestone birthday coming up. Her close friends wanted an unusual and different gift for this birthday and I suggested a gift of Kim’s organizational services.  Our friend was quite stressed out by the state of her guest room/home office/craft room. A professional organizer is something our friend would never indulge in herself, so we all pitched in and our friend now has six hours of Kim’s practical, effective and stress relieving services.  Our friend declared it “the best gift ever!”  I am so looking forward to hearing about their progress!
Kathi Dirkse

No comments: