Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Organization Can Make Preparing Your Taxes Easier

This past year I decided to hire a bookkeeper and can I say what a smart decision that was! I hired Teresa Middleton of Middleton Bookkeeping.


I met Teresa a couple of years in a Heartlink Networking Group and she is such a good fit for me and my business.

I keep all my receipts in labeled folders for each category, such as networking memberships and dues, marketing and website work, supplies, resource materials like books and magazines. I send Teresa an email with my expenses listed and my banking statements she enters it all into Quickbooks. She can do this so much more quickly than I could, so her fee is very reasonable. Plus at the end of the year she gives me a simple profit and loss statement that I hand over to my Tax Preparer.

By having Teresa take care of my bookkeeping and by keeping my receipts organized through out the year, I literally gathered all my tax papers together in less than half an hour. Organization really can save you Time!!

No comments: